Thursday 12 July 2012

Road and buses...the American way

I crossed a road today. Not the first since I've been here as I've been walking everywhere, but it was a mammoth road called Lincoln Boulevard. Basically this highway becomes route 1, which takes you all the way up the west coast.

Anyway, I pressed the button, saw a man on the other side (I used binoculars) and was glad I wasn't the only one attempting to cross. The white man (traffic signal I mean) came on and I proceeded to walk/jog across.

It took me 25 seconds!! Walking very fast! I felt very, very small.

All turned out well, however, when in the supermarket I discovered a fantastic flavour in 'Lays' crisps: Chile Limon! Delicious.

These would later help Richard get over his bus journey home, when he observed the following:

 
"This has to be the most weird town on earth - especially on the bus. One old guy handing out fliers and a group of strangers at the front having a discussion about it. The guy in front is on a laptop writing peace and harmony documents. Some cougar type woman gets on drinking beer and starts chatting to some old guy. Then an African man with a twitch gets on and starts sharing her beer. Oh, and there's a fairground where my bus stop should be."

(Bear in mind that we live a stones throw from Venice beach so everything above is explained by that fact.)

2 comments:

  1. Hayley would be terrible in LA! She cant event cross the smallest of roads here in London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah yeah she wouldn't be good! I'd have to put her in a pram or something ;)

      Delete