Sunday 1 July 2012

Out and about in Santa Monica

Our first full Saturday, and it was a hot one. We got a bus up to Santa Monica, via the 'Venice canals' near our apartment. Beautiful canals and houses....


We strolled around an area of Santa Monica known as "Montana" and managed to find some garam masala at a 'Whole Foods' market. Which means I can now make a curry as all my spices from the UK have arrived, too!


Having stopped for lunch, we stopped for some lunch, finding a decent spot and view. It could be worse....

Santa Monica pier reminds me of Brighton! But a bit warmer....


We found an 'English pub' showing the tennis. Richard got asked for identification (which he didn't have). We weren't sure if we were going to get served....but the barman used his common sense and realised we were both over 21.

Quite a serious issue I've discovered is that Americans don't seem to use jay cloths when they're washing up. Richard didn't seem to know what they were, but then he hardly washes up....it caused quite a public row! I'm over it now, but still no UK style-dish cloth :S. i'll let you know how I get on.

2 comments:

  1. Wanna swap places? I have loads of jay cloths round mine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your in Santa Monica surrounded by sun, sea, palm trees and movie stars and your worried about jay cloths!

    ReplyDelete