Monday 2 July 2012

First driving lesson

I'm taking a few lessons this week just to get to know the rules of the road. You can drive for 1 year in the US on the UK licence, but then have to take a test and gain a state licence.
I drove a Corolla today, much like this one! Drove up to Pacific Palisades, over to Westwood, and on the Pacific Coast Highway, finally down Santa Monica Blvd. The hire car arrives soon and I'll be able to join the throngs of people using their cars for everything. I'd like to think I will still walk to the supermarket to pick up a few things. I've also found a new running route, along the Marina.


There's a strange paradox in LA of driving everywhere while running everyday and driving to the supermarket to buy supersized food and drink. All the adverts on TV are either for cars or for the kinds of medicine you can take to alleviate the symptoms of sitting on your butt in your car for too long while stuffing your face. Silly isn't the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment